Headlight switching Defender TD5 MY 2003 Main 07-11-2008 Click on the photo's to enlarge them.
tekst in blauw geeft links aan naar onderliggende bladzijden
Excisting connectors between headlightswitch and cable, 6,3 mm Faston connectors.
|switch side C01082|| one blade taken out C01082||contra side C01082|
- Red: to fuse 18 10A and 19 10A. [C1082-2 to C0581-1]
- Blue: to switch lightingswitch [C1082-4 to relais C0282-30]
- Brown: current from battery.through fuse of 30A [C1082-1 from A66 from C0571-3]
- C0282; AFU3271
- C0571; YPC10052
- C0581; YQE102850
- C1082; AFU3855
- Large currents are flowing through this switch causing overheating and destruction. Price of the switch is around 50 euro.
- Relais can be used to overcome this problem; many people have documented this change/replacement on the internet.
One example taken from www. blacklandy.de:
Place two relais holders of the type AFU 3271 at the free positions near the lightrelais in the passenger compartment box.
- relais 1, all exterior lights.
- a. line going to fuse 18 and 19 C0581-1 is put to relais1 86.
- b. new wire from relais1 87 to to fuse 18 and 19 C0581-1
- c. wire from relais1 85 to mass.
- d. wire from A66 to relais1 30.
- relais 2, al two headlights
- a. line comming from lightrelais 87 is put to relais2 86.
- b. new wire from relais2 87 to A305, C1739-1
- c. wire from relais2 85 to mass.
- d. wire from A66 to relais2 30.
Needed two relais with socket. 2 wires to mass; two wires from point A66; and two extra lines.
have to find an earth point and point A66